This is one of the best patient education tools where you can participate in your own treatment. You get to see what the Dentist sees in your mouth and understand what treatment you need and why. This will be the most painless and non-invasive part of your dental visit. The intraoral camera also enables you to see before and after pictures of your teeth to compare what they looked like before any treatment and what a great difference it makes once things are taken care of in your mouth.
This is the latest form of x-ray imaging where digital technology and sensors are used instead of traditional x-ray films. This eliminates the use of any lead used in the traditional films, the harsh chemicals in the developer and fixer or dark rooms. The amount of radiation is extremely less and the exposure time is much less too. The images are ready to be viewed immediately – the dentist can see it on their monitor and you can watch it on the TV at the same time. The images can be transferred electronically through all digital media. Staying up to date with technology is good for patient comfort and the environment as well.
Pan & Ceph
These are special types of x-rays that are needed not just for diagnosis but also for oral surgery and orthodontic treatment. This modern machine is also available under one roof and in the same digital format as our digital x-rays.
We use the latest in ultrasonic technology by Piezo from EMS. This technology uses tickling vibrations to knock tartar (calcium buildup) loose and clean both above and below the gum line. It also sprays a cooling mist of water to wash away debris and keep the area at a proper temperature. The ultrasonic instrument tips are curved and rounded and are always kept in motion around the teeth. They are by no means sharp since their purpose is to remove tartar and not to cut into the teeth and the setting can be adjusted to the best comfort level of individual patients.
A sophisticated and fully automated washer, the Hydrim virtually eliminates hand scrubbing of any contaminated instruments and is much safer and more efficient. Powerful circulating pumps and wash arms remove 99.9% of all contaminants by using hydrogen peroxide as the main cleaning and disinfecting agent. The advantages of this automated washing system over traditional manual cleaning are recognized by the CDC, Independent research, testing organizations and are good for the environment too.
A significant part of the prevention of oral disease is down to the proper sterilization of dental equipment. All relevant guidelines set up by the regulatory bodies are strictly followed.
- All instruments and handpieces that are used in the patient’s mouth are steam autoclaved after each patient.
- Disposable items are used as much as possible. These are discarded after each use and are never used again.
- The Dentist and Assistants wear disposable gloves and facemasks to prevent the spread of any germs to the patient. These masks and gloves are discarded after each patient and are never reused.
- The Dentist and Assistant also wear protective eyewear, which is also available for all patients.
- All autoclave sterilization units are monitored each week for their effectiveness. A sterilization test strip is submitted to an outside laboratory to perform the test.
- All lights, chairs, delivery systems and surfaces of the treatment room are either covered by a protective barrier or disinfected after each patient with a CDA approved solution. All protective barriers used are also replaced after each patient and never used again.
Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas)
This is one of the safest forms of conscious sedation that has been in use for over 200 years. There are no side effects and it does not stay in your system. The computerized system starts off with pure Oxygen and Nitrous Oxide is gradually introduced to a safe level depending on the gender, height and weight of the patient. This helps the patient relax and takes the edge off the anxiety of any dental treatment. When the procedure is completed the level of gas is gradually decreased until the patient is breathing only oxygen for the last five minutes. This ensures that they can safely get off the dentist’s chair, out of the office and drive home without any problems.
- Assignments accepted i.e. we can bill the insurance company directly through electronic billing
- Lots of free parking
- Our entire office is wheelchair accessible
- Besides English, we speak Spanish, Persian, Italian, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi and Gujarati
- We accept payment by Visa, Master Card, Debit and Cash
- Financing is available through Dental Card and the process is very easy and quick
- Emergencies are always welcome at our office
- Evening and Saturday appointments are available for your convenience